after the rain
after the rain
We all enjoy listening to the rain droplets on our window, and we love soaking in the fresh earthy smell after heavy rainfall. Don't we all love that mysterious scent that rain leaves behind? This scent surely can recreate that sentimental memory and take you back in time. after the rain is a scent that has the perfect combination of eucalyptus, cedarwood, and patchouli.
notes: top: red currant, camphor, eucalyptus
middle: fir, pine, clove
base: cedar, patchouli
size: 8 oz/burn time: 40-45 hours
#1 Keep the wooden wick short.
Seriously, this is the most important tip we can give you....keep your wick trimmed. Trim the wooden wick before your first burn to 1/4 inch. Before your next burn, we suggest using candle wick trimmers to trim the wood wick to 1/4 inch again before re-lighting. If the wick is too long, it cannot absorb the wax and burn properly. Most problems with wooden wick candles can be solved by trimming the wick!
#2 Burn in 2 to 4-hour increments.
Your first burn should last 60 plus minutes so the wax can melt evenly. An uneven wax pool can drown the wick & cause problems lighting it. To preserve longevity of the scent in the candle, do not burn longer than 4 hours at a time.
- Never leave a candle unattended.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, etc.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- Never touch or move a candle while it is burning or while the wax is liquefied.
- Don’t burn a candle down. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 1/2 inch remains in the container or 2 inches if using a pillar candle.
Place burning candles at least three inches apart from one another. This is to make sure they don’t melt one another, or create drafts that will cause the candles to burn improperly.
- Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, and check for unwanted drafts before re-lighting.
- Never use a candle as a night light or while you may fall asleep.
We like to be 100% transparent about how our candles are made and packaged.
We use coconut-soy blend base in our candles (toxin, paraben, and phthalate-free) and FSC-certified wood wicks. The tin vessels can also be recycled or re-used.
Candles are packed with biodegradable honeycomb packages and are sent in compostable mailers. Our boxes are made from recycled fiber and sealed with water-activated tape.